What’s online presence ?
Online presence refers to all activity and content that an entity—a person or a business—has under their name on the internet. This includes accounts, assets, interactions, and any pieces of information created by or about the person or business.
Your presence is a deeper layer that paints the full picture of your business, according to:
- You: The actions you take and the content you produce.
- The internet: Where you stand with regard to search engine and social media algorithms.
- The public: How people perceive your business online, what they say about you, how they engage with you.
Why you need a strong online presence ?
The more ways you can place your business in front of your target audience with quality experiences, the more opportunities you have to build brand awareness and improve your reputation. But there are other ways a strong online presence benefits your business.
- Get discovered: A strong online presence makes it easy for ideal customers who don’t yet know you exist to discover you, both when they are and are not searching for what you have to offer.
- Be seen as a legitimate business: Consumers rely on multiple sources of information before making a purchase. If you don’t provide information about your business across all of these sources, you’ll be dismissed—by consumers and search engines alike.
- Market your business 24/7: If you have a strong online presence set up, people can discover, learn about, engage with, and reach out to you whenever is best for them, no matter where they are in the buyer journey or what device they are using.
- Save money: Digital marketing platforms all come with data to tell you what’s working and what’s not, so you can allocate your budget accordingly.
1. Have a website
If you ask someone how to improve your online presence, almost every answer will include having a website.
Shoppers and business buyers will use your site to get essential information, like your:
- Products or services
- And more
If you don’t have a website, you make it extremely difficult for people to do business with your company.
2. Optimize your website for SEO
SEO is another super-effective way to improve your online presence.
This digital marketing strategy aims to increase your visibility in search results, like on Google or Bing.
With SEO, you optimize your site to appear in these search results — and at the top of them, too.
3. Investigate your competitors and their strategies
Not every idea for how to improve your online presence needs to be original.
Competitors — and even companies outside your industry — can inspire you. Even if you don’t get any inspiration from the competition, it’s helpful to know what your competitors are doing to increase their presence online
4. Think audience, not followers
Your online presence doesn’t improve with more followers. Rather, your following improves with a stronger presence. So work on cultivating a quality, niche audience of individuals who are interested in and can benefit from what you have to offer.
5. Develop interactive content and tools
A tactic that many companies know about, but fail to use to improve their online presence is creating interactive content and tools. From quizzes to calculators, your business can use interactive content and tools to get people talking about your brand, visiting your website, and purchasing your products.
Are you ready to improve your online presence? Make it easy with MEWS
An online presence is essential, whether your company conducts business offline or online.
That’s why it’s critical to understand how to improve online presence and learn which strategies offer your business the best chance at success.