Here is a checklist for you to decide which app builder is the best for your business.
- Customer Service: Make sure the app has great customer service. The reviews are an important indicator of it. However, the customer service ‘you get in the very moment from the app is more important than what their other customers got in the past. Check if they are responsive, timely, and trying to help you. Relatively older apps that have more reviews, might be fed up and lost their excitement for new clients. Don’t forget to consider new apps in your search as they will be so excited to welcome a new client and offer extra effort.
- Features: The feature set of the app matters. You should look for an app that offers not tons of unnecessary features, but smart features that you will leverage like in-app messages. Judge the set of features and decide if you will benefit from them.
- Ease of Use: All of the app builders offer an easy way of building a pp. But when you land on most of their design dashboard you get lost. You should look for a clean feeling in the dashboard and be able to find everything where you’d expect them to be. Besides, if customer service offers you hands-on help with design, you can feel you are at the right Shopify mobile app creator. Because, even for some experts, a new place might take some time to get used to.
- Integrations: An ordinary Shopify store uses 5-10 apps for different purposes like customer loyalty, order management, etc. The more of your other apps kept functional in your app, the better for your mobile commerce performance. Remember, your mobile sales channel will be your mobile app and it should support the important apps you use in your web store.
- Beauty of the Mobile App: It depends on many different factors. But the drag-n-drop design is not at the highest level of flexibility in all mobile app builders. Ask for different mobile app examples that they created for their former clients to get some inspiration and check if their platform is capable of building beautiful mobile apps.
- Theme Options: A very important point you should check is if they offer different theme options. Your products should look in your mobile app as beautiful as in your web store. Imagine, you have square-framed product photography and it’s not supported by the mobile app builder. Your products would look freaky and you don’t want that. Make sure your brand and its beautiful products fit into your mobile app perfectly.
- Native iOS & Android Apps: If your shopping app is not native to iOS & Android, it is not a shopping app but an app-like creature. This is not an issue that you fake till you make it. Make sure you will get native mobile apps for iOS & Android for offering the best mobile shopping experience to your app users. Don’t compromise on this issue.
- Language Support: Localization and Internationalization are two important things in eCommerce. And language support is at the heart of those issues. Whether or not you sell internationally, your store language should be supported by your mobile app. If the app user’s language is not supported by your app, it will be a bad experience. And it’s always better to have more languages available. Who knows, maybe you will become the owner of an international business soon.
- Customer Reviews on Shopify App Store: The reviews of other customers are always important. They will give you an idea if the Shopify app you are about to install is a good fit or not. However, there are things to pay attention to while checking the reviews to get the right insights. It’s not all about the number of positive reviews. On the contrary, the real insight is hidden in the negative reviews. You need to read all negative reviews to understand what can happen the worst with the app. How bad the experience can be. Because you can be one of them and you don’t want it, right?
Install The App To Your Shopify Store And Set Your Account
The initial process with mobile app builders is no different than other apps that you are familiar with. Once you install the app, you will need to create your account.
And, you shall wait 1 or 2 hours to let the mobile app builder get synced with your Shopify store inventory. Then, you can use your store content and inventory in your mobile app design.
Customize And Design Your Mobile App
If you’ve decided on the mobile app builder according to the pro tips we gave you above, then it should be pretty easy to onboard with the new dashboard and design your mobile app.
An easy-to-use user interface and proper onboarding will make and keep your life easy. Not only for the first time but also anytime you want to change the mobile app design. Keep that in mind, your customers will expect to see new home page designs every once in a while. Especially, on special occasions like BFCM and Xmas!
How To Design A Mobile App For Your Shopify Store?
In this video, you will learn about every single detail on Shopney’s design dashboard. The narrator will guide you through all processes and demonstrate how to design your mobile app with a simple drag-…
Publish Your App in Both iOS & Android Application Stores
You will need to have App Store and Play Store developer accounts to launch your app in those stores. It takes different amounts of steps and times for Play Store and App Store to create the accounts. Below you can check our step-by-step guides to learn each.
They also cost differently. Creating an Apple Developer Account will cost you $99/year, whereas Google Developer Account costs only $25 one time.
How To Promote Your eCommerce Mobile App To Get Installs?
Building your Shopify mobile app doesn’t mean that you will immediately sell like crazy. Just like your website, it won’t attract any customers by itself, so you need to drive traffic.
get the installs on a const constant checklist for you to follow. They are all easy things to do and most of them are processes that you’re familiar with. You can also visit our mobile app promotion blog article for details of each.
- Setup a smart mobile app banner on your website
- Add visual banners to your website to display your app
- Optimize your app listing on App Store and Play Store
- Prevent push notification abuse
- Investing in email marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Offer app-exclusive discounts
- Promote app-exclusive products
- Keep your design fresh
How much does Shopify Mobile App Builders Cost?
There are plenty of companies claiming that they convert your Shopify into a mobile app. And those Shopify mobile app builders offer various levels of service and technology.
Depending on the company and pricing plan you choose, the amount you will pay every month will differ. It starts at some $49/month with average e quality products at the lowest. But if you want to start with a decent native mobile app, you will need to invest at least $99/month for minimum packages which as limited design capabilities and integration available.
However, if you want more integrations and full functionality, it climbs up with $200, $50,0, and $999+ with enterprise-level options in many companies like Shoney.
It might seem like a lot, however, you can get the ROI with a single mobile app push notification. The issue you need to think over before picking the Shopify mobile app builder is how big the bang will be for the bus.