A social media campaign is a coordinated marketing effort to reinforce or assist with a business goal using one or more social media platforms. Campaigns differ from everyday social media efforts because of their increased focus, targeting and measurability.
- Action-gate: ask users to interact with socialmedia posts. Invite them to ask questions, take polls, provide reviews, enter contests and join mailing lists.
- Provide incentives: give them a reason to provide information about themselves. Offer prizes, discounts and exclusive content in exchange for their attention and information
- Make prizes relevant: to the business if using a contest. For a t-shirt company, it’s makes no sense to offer an Xbox as first prize in your contest (offer a year’s worth of t-shirts!).
- Proactively engage throughout the campaign: answer and address critique quickly and reinforce positive interactions with personal attention.
- Promote across all social media accounts, even if the campaign is focused on one platform (e.g. Facebook).
- Adapt the look: and messaging of your entire online presence to reinforce the campaign. Include campaign branding and language on headers, landing and home pages.
- Carefully monitor performance: and if needed.