These days, with social media all the rage, it’s easy to overlook email marketing for your small business. After all, who uses email anymore? Turns out a lot of people do, so when developing your digital marketing strategy, you’d be wise to consider adding email to the mix. Here are 5 ways that small businesses can benefit from email marketing.
1. It works – According to a 2012 survey conducted by Exact target, 66% of online American have bought something as a result of receiving a marketing message via email. That’s more than 3 times that of Facebook (20%), and more than 4 times (16%) that of text.
2. It’s cost-effective – in 2011, email marketing brought in $40.56 for every $1 spent, according to the Direct Marketing Association. Though that number is expected to fall a bit in 2012,email marketing still offers a large return on your investment.
3. It strengthens relationships, loyalty, & trust – With email marketing, you are effectively building one-on-one relationships with current and potential customers. Well-written, engaging e-newsletters and emails that show your personality help readers learn to know you, like you, and trust you. And consumers buy from those they trust.
4. It increases brand awareness – Each email you send builds awareness of your business and brand, and keeps you top-of-mind with customers and prospects. The next time they need your products or services, they’re that much more likely to purchase from you than from someone they barely know.
5. It’s easy – Most email marketing services offer nice-looking templates that are easy to fill in with your own content. Just a few clicks of the mouse, and your email is ready to go. Even better than a pre-made template, though, is one custom-designed just for your business. Whichever way you go, email marketing is a quick and easy way to reach your current and potential customers right in their inbox.
While social media is hot right now, email is still a tried-and-true marketing channel that shouldn’t be overlooked. If you’re in the process of developing your digital marketing strategy, you might just want to make email marketing a significant part of it.
– See more at: http://bmighty2.com/5-benefits-of-email-marketing-for-small-businesses/#sthash.4sUgD5Zs.dpuf